Layered Pecan Pie from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 x 9-inch unbaked pie shell, or single homemade pie crust
- 1¼ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and salt; beat until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating well after each.
- Spoon mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Combine 3 eggs, corn syrup, remaining sugar, and vanilla; beat well.
- Pour this mixture over pecans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.