Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Layered Pecan Pie from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 x 9-inch unbaked pie shell, or single homemade pie crust
- 1¼ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and salt; beat until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating well after each.
- Spoon mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Combine 3 eggs, corn syrup, remaining sugar, and vanilla; beat well.
- Pour this mixture over pecans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.