Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 9 servings
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1½ cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg substitute
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- Spray square pan, 9x9x2 inches with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine mushrooms, cottage cheese, green onions, rosemary and garlic and mix well.
- Place 4 slices of bread in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the bread with mushroom mixture and top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Beat milk and egg substitute and pour over the casserole and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until mixture is set and top is browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes and cut into 9 pieces.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 162 | Fat 4 g | Carbs 21 g | Sodium 362 mg | Fiber 3 g