Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tassel Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large white onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2½ ounce can chopped sliced olives
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tortillas cut into strips
- 1 cup grated sharp cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- Brown beef then drain well.
- Add chopped onion, seasonings and tomato sauce then simmer 15 minutes.
- Add olives, corn and cumin.
- In a casserole dish place small amount of meat and tomato sauce.
- Add a layer tortilla strips and a layer of meat sauce then repeat layers.
- Add water to top of last layer.
- Cover and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add grated cheese, onions and green pepper to the top.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered 10 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.