This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 white onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound can corn
- ¼ pound sliced salami
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ pound gouda cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop onion and sauté in oil until soft.
- Add ground beef and brown then drain fat and place mixture in bottom of large casserole dish.
- Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon then rinse corn and drain well then layer over beef mixture.
- Cut salami slices into thin strips and layer over corn.
- Peel tomatoes.
- Slice and layer over salami then season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Combine cheese and breadcrumbs and layer over tomatoes then dot with butter and bake 35 minutes.