Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 white onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound can corn
- ¼ pound sliced salami
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ pound gouda cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop onion and sauté in oil until soft.
- Add ground beef and brown then drain fat and place mixture in bottom of large casserole dish.
- Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon then rinse corn and drain well then layer over beef mixture.
- Cut salami slices into thin strips and layer over corn.
- Peel tomatoes.
- Slice and layer over salami then season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Combine cheese and breadcrumbs and layer over tomatoes then dot with butter and bake 35 minutes.