Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A TNT recipe contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: With Love from Darling's Kitchen
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese (8 oz)
- 2 to 3 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened (8 oz)
- ½ tbsp sweet basil flakes
- ¼ tbsp oregano flakes
- ⅛ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 sprinkle cayenne pepper (just a pinch)
- ¼ cup pine nuts (optional, but recommended)
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Beat in Swiss cheese and chopped chives and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients until blended.
- Line a 2 cups mold (without a hole in the center) with plastic wrap.
- Now layer evenly half the Swiss cheese mixture and half the cream cheese mixture, using a piece of plastic wrap to help you press the mixture into the designs of the mold.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover top with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To unmold, remove plastic cover, invert onto a serving platter and carefully peel off plastic lining.
- Sound like a whole production, but lining the mold with plastic wrap, makes unmolding incredibly simple.
- Decorate top with fresh minced chives and surround with lemon slices.
- Serve with gland soda crackers, or thin slices of crusty Italian bread.
- Serves 8 as an appetizer.
Gorgonzola may be substitute for the Swiss cheese. Can be prepared 2 or 3 days earlier and stored in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Can be served at the end of the meal with fresh fruit....just lovely.