A Catfish recipe.
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- dash of garlic salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 x 22-ounce bottle chili sauce
- crackers for serving
- for garnish: parsley sprigs
- Bring water to a boil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add catfish fillets and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and gently simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Using a slotted spatula, remove fillets from water and place on a plate to cool slightly.
- Flake catfish; set aside.
- Stir cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and garlic salt in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Stir in chopped onion.
- To assemble dip, spread the cream cheese mixture over a 12-inch plate or shallow serving bowl.
- Spread chili sauce over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with the flaked catfish.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve with crackers.