- Dissolve the castor sugar using half of the water and heating in a saucepan. Stir until liquid.
- Bring to the boil add the lavender and half of the lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and stand to cool.
- Filter the mixture through a strainer to remove lavender flowers and add the remainder of the water.
- Taste the mix and add further lemon juice to taste.
- If you have an ice cream maker then follow the manufacturers instructions to complete the blending and freezing process. If not move to step 7.
- The process of freezing the sorbet will involve a freeze and blend process. Pour the mixture into a suitable lidded container with a large base and place in the fast freeze section of the freezer.
- Once the mixture starts to freeze (1 – 2 hours depending on your unit) remove from the freezer and immediately place in the liquidizer for 30 seconds.
- Place again in the fast freezer.
- Repeat stages 7, 8 and 9 twice more.
- Serve in individual dishes decorated with fresh mint and lavender sprigs.