Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 4 fresh figs, stems trimmed and quartered
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 medium-sized Onion, minced
- 1 tsp. dried lavender flowers
- 1 cup toasted pearl couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme plus a sprig for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Put the sherry vinegar and brown sugar into a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the figs, reduce the heat to low and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
3. Stir in the couscous until it is well coated with butter. Add the water and salt, and increase the heat to high. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to very low and cover. Cook for 12 minutes. Stir in the parsley, thyme, figs and pepper. Add more salt if necessary, garnish and serve.