- Ethnicity - Central India
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 2 cups water
- nutmeg powder
- elaichi powder
- dry coconut, grated
- almonds or cashews or pistas, chopped
- oil for frying
- In a saucepan, boil sugar with water till you have a two-string sugar syrup.
- Keep warm on the stove.
- Make a hard dough with ghee and water.
- Roll the dough in circles.
- Fold the three edges in to make a pocket and fill with a random mix of coconut, raisins and nuts and tiny pinches of nutmeg and elaichi.
- Close the fourth flap and anchor with a clove.
- Deep fry in oil on low flame.
- Dip in chasni.
- And drain.