Regardless of political orientation, everyone likes hot chocolate, right?
- Home for the Holidays Hot Chocolate Recipe by Laura Bush, from the White House website, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 6 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2½ cup milk
- 2½ cup light cream
- ½ tsp vanilla (or more)
- pinch of cinnamon powder (optional)
- whipped cream
- orange zest
- Mix cocoa, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk.
- Heat to dissolve.
- Add light cream, cinnamon, vanilla.
- Heat to just under boiling.
- Mix very well and pour into warm mug.
- Top with whipped cream, cocoa powder, and fine orange zest.