Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 0
A tasty late summer salad.
- 3-4 Tomatoes
- 2-3 Cucumbers
- 1/2 cup Green onions or chives
- 2 Tbsp fresh Dill
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream (OPTIONAL)
- Sea salt to taste
- White or Black pepper to taste
- Quarter the tomatoes lighty salt to bring out the flavor.
- Cut the cucumbers in half, remove the seeds, then slice into 1/4 inch wide pieces(crescent moon shaped).
- Add sour cream. (OPTIONAL)
- Add green onions/chives to taste.
- Add dill to taste.
- Add salt to taste
- Add white pepper to taste.
- Stir or fold gently to avoid breaking up the tomatoes
- Chill in fridge for 10 minutes
- Serve; sometimes a tiny bit more salt brings out the flavors
- Variations: I like to use heirloom tomatoes for their depth of flavor, English cucumbers for their bold flavors, all natural sour cream, and sometimes parsley instead of dill. Try with a thin slice of Latvian sour dough or rye bread.The ratio of ingredients can be adjusted any way you like. I tend to eyeball it.