Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 0
A tasty late summer salad.
- 3-4 Tomatoes
- 2-3 Cucumbers
- 1/2 cup Green onions or chives
- 2 Tbsp fresh Dill
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream (OPTIONAL)
- Sea salt to taste
- White or Black pepper to taste
- Quarter the tomatoes lighty salt to bring out the flavor.
- Cut the cucumbers in half, remove the seeds, then slice into 1/4 inch wide pieces(crescent moon shaped).
- Add sour cream. (OPTIONAL)
- Add green onions/chives to taste.
- Add dill to taste.
- Add salt to taste
- Add white pepper to taste.
- Stir or fold gently to avoid breaking up the tomatoes
- Chill in fridge for 10 minutes
- Serve; sometimes a tiny bit more salt brings out the flavors
- Variations: I like to use heirloom tomatoes for their depth of flavor, English cucumbers for their bold flavors, all natural sour cream, and sometimes parsley instead of dill. Try with a thin slice of Latvian sour dough or rye bread.The ratio of ingredients can be adjusted any way you like. I tend to eyeball it.