Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ pound reduced fat regular tofu (firm), rinsed and patted dry (press if time permits)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic granules
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1½ cup cucumber, sliced horizontally and cut into half-moon shapes (peel if waxed or thick-skinned)
- 1 ripe medium tomato, cut in half and thinly sliced into half-moon shapes
- ⅓ cup whole black olives or Greek * ¼ cup chopped red onion
- Cut the tofu into ¾ inch cubes, and place it in a wide, shallow ceramic or glass mixing bowl
- In a small measuring cup or mixing bowl whisk together the ingredients for the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the tofu chunks, tossing them gently so that they are evenly coated.
- Cover, marinate in fridge several hours or overnight. (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND 18 to 24 hours, and give them a stir whenever you go in the kitchen so they marinate evenly.)
- Just before serving prepare the salad ingredients and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the tofu and marinade to the salad ingredients, and toss gently but thoroughly.
- Serve at once, with salt and pepper on the side to season as desired.