Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Galvan Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups sliced almonds
- 1¼ sticks unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F with oven rack in the middle.
- Line baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil buttered generously.
- In a large bowl whisk together oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, baking soda and salt then stir in almonds.
- Add butter, milk, corn syrup and vanilla extract then stir to combine.
- Scoop heaping teaspoons of batter onto prepared sheets at least 3 inches apart six cookies per sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time until the cookies are flat and browned around the edges approximately 8 minutes.
- Cool on sheets for several minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- When all cookies are baked melt the chocolate in a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water then using a very small tipped pastry bag or the tines of a fork drizzle chocolate in a zigzag pattern over the tops of the cookies.