Makes about 4½ cups of salad, about 4 servings.
- 2½ cups shredded green papaya
- 4 medium red and green serrano chilies (or to taste)
- 2 large cloves garlic, skinned
- 1 cup green or string beans, cut 1" pieces
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut each in half
- 2 tsp ground peanuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp small dried shrimps
- cabbage and iceberg lettuce leaves
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound chilies and garlic to coarse texture.
- Add papaya, green beans, tomatoes and pound 1 – 2 minutes longer, mixing with a spoon while pounding.
- Add dried shrimps, peanuts, dressing and mix well.
- Serve immediately with cabbage and lettuce leaves.
- Goes well with Thai-style BBQ chicken and steamed sticky rice.