Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Spongecake, ladyfingers or similar cake
- Stewed rhubarb
- 3 egg whites
- 7 T confecioners Sugar
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Place pieces of spongecake, ladyfingers or similar cake in an eathenware dish (fill about 1/2 full).
- Pour stewed rhubarb over it.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- Cover with merinque (3 egg whites, 7 Tbls. confec. Sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, beaten til stiff).
- Spread over cake and bake until a delicate brown (7–12 minutes).