- 3 eggs
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ¾ cup self rising flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 15g (½ oz) butter
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Beat eggs until thick and creamy.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Continue beating until sugar completely dissolved.
- Fold in sifted self rising flour and cornflour, then combined water and butter.
- Pour mixture into prepared lamington tins 18 cm x 28 cm (7in x 11in).
- Bake in moderate oven approximately 30 minutes.
- Let cake stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack.