Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lamb fricassee with vegetables
- 2 lb lamb
- 1 lb white cabbage
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 lb turnips
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups lamb broth
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- Wash lamb and cut in small pieces.
- Add salt to water and bring to a boil.
- Add meat and cook, removing scum, for 25 minutes.
- Wash cabbage and break apart.
- Wash and peel carrots and turnips and cut into quarters or smaller.
- Cook with lamb until vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to serving dish.
- Melt margarine.
- Add flour and blend.
- Add broth, a little at a time, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add finely sliced celery.
- Pour sauce over lamb and vegetables.