Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 to 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds of boneless leg of Lamb (or Beef or camel meat) cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces (or four pounds of meat with bones)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large cans of beef broth (14 1/2 ounces each; or Beef bouillon with water)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup of toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine the spices and salt. Coat the meat with the seasoning mixture. In a large, heavy skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meat, in the hot oil. Add onions and garlic, and stir to combine. Pour the broth over all.
- Bring to a boil. Then, cover and simmer on the lowest heat for a couple of hours or till the meat is tender. Skim fat from the surface of the juices. Stir cornstarch into the cold water; add to meat in the pan and stir.
- Add the dates, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer another 15 minutes or till mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly. (This recipe is also delicious when made in a crockery cooker.)
- Serve hot over white rice and garnish with toasted almonds.