Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg lamb, sliced thinly and fat removed
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 stalk lemon grass, bruised (white part only)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 liter water
- 3 – 4 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 150 g bamboo shoots, boiled and sliced finely
- 4 green chilies, halved
- salt to taste
Spices (ground) Edit
- 10 red chilies
- 5 candlenuts, roasted or fried
- 2 teaspoons powdered cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, chopped
- 2 teaspoons galangal, chopped
- 7 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- Fry the lamb gently until golden brown before setting aside.
- Heat up a wok with oil and saute the ground spices, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant.
- Add the meat, water and tamarind juice.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add bamboo shoots and green chilies.
- Cook until the lamb is tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Season with salt according to taste.
- If you prefer a slightly sweetened taste, you may add 1 teaspoon of sugar.