- 1/2 cup olive oil
- about 1 1/2 kilos of Lamb, cut as for stew
- 2 medium onions, chopped finely
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 675 gr. spinach, chopped
- the leaves of 2 bunches of celery, chopped finely
- the white parts of 8 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1/4 kilo green olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup dried Peas, soaked in water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped finely
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of the oil and in this brown the Lamb and onions.
- Season with turmeric, pepper and salt to taste and then pour over the stock and lemon juice.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring several times.
- In a heavy skillet cook the spinach, celery leaves, and spring onions over a very low flame, without adding water, just until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add these ingredients to the meat and then add the , dried Peas and dill.
- Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the meat and beans are tender (about 45 minutes). Serve hot.