- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 6
- ¾ pound lamb or goat shoulder, trimmed of as much fat as possible and cut into small (½-inch) cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- dried red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 fresh tomatoes, skinned, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 (12 oz ) can garbanzo beans
- 2 cups water or more if you like
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dry mint
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
- few strands saffron
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the crushed garlic, chile flakes and lamb.
- Fry again for a few seconds.
- Add spices and sauté for few more moments.
- Add all ingredients except the yogurt.
- Simmer till the lamb is very well done and has absorbed all the flavors.
- Before serving bring the heat to low add yogurt and serve hot.