Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups mixed beans (kidney beans, black-eyed beans, Chickpeas, soya beans, mung beans, green beans, black beans, white beans, red beans)
- ? lb. Lamb (Chicken can be used), cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon jwanu (lovage seeds)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced-3 fresh red chilies, minced
- ? teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups yogurt
- 4 cups rich Lamb broth
- 3 tablespoons musturd oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped, for garnish
- In a large bowl with water soak beans overnight. Drain the water, wash the beans. Cover the bowl and set it in a warm place to allow sprouting. It takes about 2–3 days depending on the desired length of sprouts.
- To cook, in a large bowl combine Lamb, salt, and pepper with 1 tablespoon of musturd oil. In a sauce pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil; fry jwanu, fennel seeds, and musturd seeds until light brown. Add the Lamb mixture and brown well. Add 3 cups of sprouted beans and fry for 2 minutes. under medium heat. Add chilies, cumin, coriander, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat the meat and sprouted beans, for about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth and yogurt to the beans' mixture. Bring to a boil and let simmer over low heat until the meat and sprouts are tender and the desired consistency of the soup has been achieved. Garnish with chopped green onions.