Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg leg of lamb, chopped into serving pieces
- 3 cloves
- 5 cm cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cardamoms
- 4 fenugreek seeds
- 1 stalk lemon grass, bruised (white part only)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 750 cc thin coconut milk
- 250 cc thick coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice
- salt to taste
- fried shallots, for garnishing
Spices (ground) Edit
- 5 red chilies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 shallots
- 4 candlenuts, roasted
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, roasted
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon cumin, roasted
- 10 aniseeds, roasted
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, chopped
- ½ tablespoon galangal, chopped
- Heat a wok with oil and gently fry the ground spices until fragrant.
- Add the other spices, kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass.
- Stir until soft.
- Add meat and continue cooking until the color changes.
- Add the thin coconut milk and simmer until meat is half-cooked.
- Pour in thick coconut milk and simmer until meat is tender.
- Add tamarind juice and season with salt.
- Bring to the boil, then serve with a sprinkle of fried shallots.