Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 2 servings.
- 8 ounces lean boneless lamb shoulder tip, cut into 1½-inch cubes
- ⅓ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram leaves, crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ large green pepper, cut into eight 1-inch squares
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 large mushroom caps
- 1 cup hot cooked rice, cooked in low sodium chicken broth
- Combine lamb, broth, onion, lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, marjoram and black pepper in medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Drain meat. Reserve marinade.
- Arrange cubes of meat alternately with 2 squares of green pepper, one tomato, and 1 mushroom cap on each of four 8-inch skewers. Baste with marinade.
- Broil 6 minutes on each side 5 inches from heat. Turn; baste again.
- Broil 6 minutes longer or until lamb is of desired doneness.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.