Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- ¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lamb chops (¾ inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- ⅓ cup aged balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl or cup, mix together the rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Rub this mixture onto the lamb chops on both sides.
- Place them on a plate, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place lamb chops in the skillet, and cook for about 3½ minutes per side for medium rare, or continue to cook to your desired doneness.
- Remove from the skillet, and keep warm on a serving platter.
- Add shallots to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes, just until browned.
- Stir in vinegar, scraping any bits of lamb from the bottom of the skillet, then stir in the chicken broth.
- Continue to cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half.
- If you don't, the sauce will be runny and not good.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the butter.
- Pour over the lamb chops, and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 261 | Fat 19.7 g | Cholesterol 69 Mg | Sodium 369, Mg | Carbohydrates 5.4 g | Fiber 0.2 g | Protein 15 g