Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Tibbenham Estate in Anna, Texas in 1997. Dated 1966.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 6 Lamb shanks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 anchovy filets in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon chile flakes
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 20 chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a heavy pot large enough to hold the lamb in a single layer, warm the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the lamb and cook until well browned all over.
- Pour off the excess fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the anchovies, garlic, chile and rosemary and cook gently for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and bring to a simmer, then add the stock and tomatoes, bring to a simmer again, and cover tightly with a lid.
- Place in the oven to braise for 2 hours until the meat is fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before removing the lid.
- Stir in the and heat through.
- Transfer to a warm platter and sprinkle with parsley.