Purchased from the Tibbenham Estate in Anna, Texas in 1997. Dated 1966.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 6 Lamb shanks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 anchovy filets in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon chile flakes
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 20 chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a heavy pot large enough to hold the lamb in a single layer, warm the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the lamb and cook until well browned all over.
- Pour off the excess fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the anchovies, garlic, chile and rosemary and cook gently for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and bring to a simmer, then add the stock and tomatoes, bring to a simmer again, and cover tightly with a lid.
- Place in the oven to braise for 2 hours until the meat is fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before removing the lid.
- Stir in the and heat through.
- Transfer to a warm platter and sprinkle with parsley.