Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless Lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes*
- 1 medium Onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary leaves, crushed
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups frozen Italian-style vegetables**, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares
- 1 14-1/2- to 16-ounce can tomatoes (2 cups), drained and cut up
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
Brown Lamb and Onion in oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, rosemary, water and wine; cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Add celery, frozen vegetables, pepper and tomatoes. Cover; cook an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp. Sprinkle parsley on top.