Lakh or lah is a kind of sweetened porridge mix made from the fruits of the baobab tree, millet couscous and peanut butter.
- 1 cup of smooth, unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cups of baobab fruit
- 2 cups millet couscous
- 1 drop of orange essence (optional)
- Sugar to taste
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup of raisins
- 3 drops of vanilla essence
- Cook the couscous or use instant couscous.
- Add butter and mix then put in the fridge once cool.
- Soak the baobab fruit in a bowl of warm water and leave for several hours.
- Separate the fruit pulp from the seeds by hand. Strain and remove the
- Mix the baobab juice and peanut butter in equal parts.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the couscous, and stir well.
- Place in the fridge until cool.
- When ready to serve mix the sauce and couscous and add sugar to taste.
You can substitute the baobab fruit for some other kind of unsweetened fruit juice.