Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lakh or lah is a kind of sweetened porridge mix made from the fruits of the baobab tree, millet couscous and peanut butter.
- 1 cup of smooth, unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cups of baobab fruit
- 2 cups millet couscous
- 1 drop of orange essence (optional)
- Sugar to taste
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup of raisins
- 3 drops of vanilla essence
- Cook the couscous or use instant couscous.
- Add butter and mix then put in the fridge once cool.
- Soak the baobab fruit in a bowl of warm water and leave for several hours.
- Separate the fruit pulp from the seeds by hand. Strain and remove the
- Mix the baobab juice and peanut butter in equal parts.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the couscous, and stir well.
- Place in the fridge until cool.
- When ready to serve mix the sauce and couscous and add sugar to taste.
You can substitute the baobab fruit for some other kind of unsweetened fruit juice.