Laing is equally famous and tasty as the Bicol Express. It is another best dish Bicol (a Region in the philippines) is taking pride of. Its texture is smooth and it milky because of the gata (coconut milk) . The kick is in the end. Once you swallow the laing that's when the taste of spiciness takes over your mouth. Simply wonderful!
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic (native), minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup Onion, minced
- 2 tbsps alamang (Shrimp paste)
- 1 tsp siling labuyo (chilli pepper)
- 1/2 cup Pork chopped
- 1 1/3 cups coconut milk or cream
- 3 cups shredded gabi leaves, dried under the sun
Don't mix. Simmer until almost dry but oily. Serve.