In Romanian: Sarlota de piscoturi
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons gelatine
- ½ lb / 250 g ladyfingers
- ½ lb / 250 g whipped cream
- 5 oz / 150 g Praline Walnut or Hazelnut Cream
- peanuts or walnuts
- Set the milk to heat, adding the yolks beaten with the sugar, vanilla and rum, mixing continuously until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the gelatine dissolved in 2 – 3 tablespoons of hot water.
- Mix well and let cool a little.
- During this time, set the ladyfingers that have been previously soaked in a thin sugar and rum syrup in the special charlotte mold.
- Arrange them both on the bottom and the sides of the mold.
- After the mixture has cooled a little, add the hazelnuts, whipped cream and rum and mix well.
- Pour into the mold with ladyfingers.
- Refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours.
- When serving, turn onto a plate.