Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Sarlota de piscoturi
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons gelatine
- ½ lb / 250 g ladyfingers
- ½ lb / 250 g whipped cream
- 5 oz / 150 g Praline Walnut or Hazelnut Cream
- peanuts or walnuts
- Set the milk to heat, adding the yolks beaten with the sugar, vanilla and rum, mixing continuously until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the gelatine dissolved in 2 – 3 tablespoons of hot water.
- Mix well and let cool a little.
- During this time, set the ladyfingers that have been previously soaked in a thin sugar and rum syrup in the special charlotte mold.
- Arrange them both on the bottom and the sides of the mold.
- After the mixture has cooled a little, add the hazelnuts, whipped cream and rum and mix well.
- Pour into the mold with ladyfingers.
- Refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours.
- When serving, turn onto a plate.