Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mason Estate in Abbott, Texas in 1999.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 white onion sliced
- 2 pounds spinach washed and torn into strips
- ½ cup rice
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 quart warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Using a large pan heat oil and add the onion cooking until it is soft.
- Put in the spinach and cook gently with the onion for about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice.
- Stir it into the onion and spinach and then slowly pour in the water and add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Turn yogurt into a bowl and beat with the crushed garlic.
- Spoon yogurt mixture into soup and stir well.
- Return pan to low heat and cook gently just to warm the soup.