Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spinach and yoghurt soup
- 450 g (1 lb) spinach leaves, shredded
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 200 g (7 oz) Greek yoghurt
- 100 g (4 oz) long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of turmeric
- 60 0ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 level tablespoon salt
- In a large bowl mix together the yoghurt, garlic and turmeric.
- Set aside until required.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the chopped onion and fry until slightly brown.
- Add the rice, leeks and spinach.
- Stir for a few minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Next pour in the vegetable stock, add salt and pepper.
- Cover and boil for 5 minutes, then lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now remove soup from the heat and mix in the yoghurt mixture.