Spinach and yoghurt soup
- 450 g (1 lb) spinach leaves, shredded
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 200 g (7 oz) Greek yoghurt
- 100 g (4 oz) long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of turmeric
- 60 0ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 level tablespoon salt
- In a large bowl mix together the yoghurt, garlic and turmeric.
- Set aside until required.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the chopped onion and fry until slightly brown.
- Add the rice, leeks and spinach.
- Stir for a few minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Next pour in the vegetable stock, add salt and pepper.
- Cover and boil for 5 minutes, then lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now remove soup from the heat and mix in the yoghurt mixture.