Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Milk of almonds
- 1¼ cups whole blanched almonds
- 9 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 or 4 drops of almond extract
- 2 teaspoons rose or orange-blossom water, or to taste
- Grind the almonds as finely as possible in the food processor (do not buy them already ground).
- Add about 3 cups of the water and blend very thoroughly for several minutes.
- Pour into a saucepan, add the sugar, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for a minute or two, then add the almond extract.
- Pour the rest of the water in, and leave to macerate overnight.
- Strain into a jug through a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
- Add rose or orange-blossom water and chill, covered, in the refrigerator.