Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- ¼ cup (½ stick) soy margarine
- 1 large leek (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 large potatoes (about 2¼ pounds), peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 cups un-chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried
- ¾ cup soymilk
- 4 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 cup grated soy cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- additional grated soy cheddar cheese (optional)
- Melt soy margarine in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add leek and garlic; sauté until tender but not brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots; sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add broth and dill; simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add soymilk to soup.
- Transfer half of soup to blender.
- Add cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot.
- Add 1 cup grated soy cheddar cheese and stir over low heat.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to large serving bowl.
- Garnish soup with chopped fresh parsley and additional grated soy cheddar cheese, if desired.