Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
White Fish on Black-eyed peas (Senegal). L'Assiette des Assiettes means "the dish of dishes." In Senegal the term is used to refer to the appetizer of appetizers
- 1 bed of lettuce
- 3 Tbs. cooked Black-Eyed Peas
- 3-inch square piece cooked fish (Haddock or Halibut) on the Peas
- 2 tomato slices
- 3 cucumber slices
- 1 or 2 pieces hearts of palm
- 1/2 hard-boiled egg
- bottle tomato catsup
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped finely
- Arrange 1 bed of lettuce.
- Place 3 Tbs. cooked black-eyed peas in center of plate.
- Place a 3-inch square piece cooked fish (Haddock or Halibut) on the Peas.
- Surround with: tomato, cucumber, hearts of palm, and egg
- Mask the fish with the following dressing (enough for 8 portions):
- Combine tomato catsup, worcestershire sauce, white vinegar, Sugar, and onion
- Chill thoroughly before serving.