Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mustard salad. "Kyujachae" is cold vegetable salad and the hot mustard imparts its main flavour. The steps to make this dish are similar to those of the Western salad
- ¼ lb ham
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ pear
- ½ carrot
- 1 squid
- ¼ lb jellyfish
- 5 chestnuts
- 1 egg
- 7 tbsp dry mustard
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Cut the ham, cucumber, and carrot and egg sheets into the same strips.
- Peel and cut the pear into thin strips.
- Soak it in the sugar water.
- Slice the chestnut thinly.
- Slice squid into strips, scald and then cool.
- Rinse the jellyfish to remove the salt water and scald it in water at 140°F.
- Cut the jellyfish into strips and mix it with the vinegar and sugar.
- Stir boiling water into the mustard until it becomes a smooth paste and let it stand in hot temperature using microwave.
- When the mustard is complete, add the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, water, and salt and mix well.
- Grind the pine nuts adding the above mustard mixture.
- Arrange the prepared vegetables and sauce.