Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine or red wine
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke, to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk until smooth, which will probably take a lot of whisking to get the tomato paste mixed in.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low; and simmer, uncovered, for about 50–60 minutes or until the mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and add more Worcestershire and/or liquid smoke if desired.
- Cool, then store in a covered container in the refrigerator to allow flavors to develop.
- This sauce will keep for months in the refrigerator.
- The recipe doubles or triples very well, so make a big batch, and keep it in the fridge all the time.