Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup softened butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ (12 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With your fingers, place golf-ball-size dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
- For variations of this cookie, substitute milk chocolate for the semisweet chocolate and/or add 1½ cups of chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts to the recipe before baking.
- Although you can substitute margarine for butter in this recipe, you will have the best results from butter.
- The cookie will have a richer taste and will be crispier around the edges like the original.