Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ½ lb bacon, cut up in bite-size pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large saucepan, fry bacon until crispy.
- Add onion, rice and spices.
- Fry until rice is lightly browned and onions are nearly clear.
- Add diced tomatoes and ½ to ¾ cup of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.