Kyazan Hin Cho (Burmese Soup with cellophane noodles) is a flavorful soup to accompany any Burmese meal.
- 10 cm bunch cellophane noodles
- 5 cups Chicken or Pork bone stock
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 6 button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 125 g (4oz) fresh shrimps or prawns
- 1 zucchini, finely sliced in discs
- salt and pepper to taste
Soak the noodles in water for 30 minutes or until the noodles are soft enough to cut into short lengths. Bring stock to a boil then add Onion and garlic. Put in noodles and cook until noodles are soft. Add Mushrooms, soy sauce, shrimps and zucchini. Cook until shrimps are pink. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.