- 6 cups water / 6 tasse d'eau
- 1-2 onions, chopped / 1-2 oignons émincés
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced / 2 gousses d'ail émincées
- 1 hot chili pepper, cleaned and chopped / 1 piment fort lavé et haché
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated / 1 c-à-s de gingembre frais haché
- salt to taste / sel au goût
- 2-3 lbs of cassava (manioc) leaves, stems removed, washed, rinsed and drained, torn into pieces
- 3 cups canned palm soup base
- 3 tbsp homemade Peanut paste
Crush the cassava leaves with a mortar and pestle. In a large cooking pot, bring the water to a low boil. Add the Onion, garlic, ginger root, and salt. Cook for a few minutes. Add the crushed greens and cook, bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes more.
Add the canned palm soup base and stir until smooth. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.