This soup (vegetable lamb soup) can be served as a main course because it is nutritious and fills you up with whole wheat (tum bugday) and plenty meat, while vegetables balance out the meal. we recommend that you serve this soup with toasted wheat or pita bread.
- 3 tbsp of whole wheat
- 1 pound lamb, cut in cubes
- 2 onion, 4 equal slices
- 2 medium carrot, 1 carrot slice in ½ inch rounds and 1 carrot in strips
- 2 leek, sliced 1 leek ½ inch rounds and 1 leek in strips
- ½ cup of chopped fresh spinach
- 1 medium squash, half cut in cubes and half cut in strips
- 1 – 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- salt and pepper
- Soak wheat in warm water overnight or 4 – 5 hours cook wheat until soft cook cubed lamb, onion, wheat, spinach, round carrot, round leek in 3 cups of water 45 minutes add salt and pepper then sauté, strip of carrot, strip of squash and leek in butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all and cook another 5 minutes.