Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dango on skewers are always sold at spring/summer festivals and moon viewing parties in Japan.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings.
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp katakuriko (dogtooth violet starch) / cornstarch
- 1½ tbsp water
- bamboo skewers
- Put rice flour in a bowl and add warm water.
- Knead the dough well.
- Make small round dumplings.
- Place the dumplings in a steamer and steam them on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Cool the dumplings and skewer 3-4 in bamboo sticks.
- You can also microwave on high for 7 minutes (you might want to put them in a microwave safe flat pan instead of shaping them into dumplings before cooking, you can shape them afterwards, especially if you want to fill them with an [azuki bean paste] or frozen rounds of peanut butter).
- Mix water, sugar, and soy sauce in a pan and put it on medium heat.
- Mix the water and katakuriko starch in a cup and set aside.
- When the sauce boils, add the starch mixture and mix quickly.
- Slightly grill the skewered dumplings and brush the sauce over them.