Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A spicy Persian salad that is served warm with a sprinkling of herbs. You can use chickpeas, or a variety of other beans in this dish.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (may substitute black beans, kidney beans, or white beans)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro