Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Flat bread with sesame and poppy seeds
- 1 kg or 7½ cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 30 g (1 oz) yeast
- 10 g (½ oz) sesame and poppy seeds
- Add the lukewarm water and flour, ½ cup at a time.
- If necessary, beat in is as much of the remaining ½ cup of flour as you need to make a dough that does not stick to your fingers.
- Gather the dough into a large, compact ball.
- Divide dough into 150 – 200 g (5 – 7 oz) pieces and roll into balls.
- Recipe is identical to Obi-non, except make the dough a little less stiff and allow to rise an extra 25 – 30 minutes.
- Flatten into round bread, 2 – 3 cm (¾ – 1 inch) at edges and 5 mm (3/16 inch) in the center.
- Stamp patterns on top, scatter with sesame and poppy seeds, and bake in a tandoor oven.
- Sprinkle water on the underside and bake in a tandoor.