Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 
- ½ to 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, sherry, sugar, and chili paste.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg white and cornstarch.
- Beat well.
- Add shrimp and mix well to coat.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, ginger, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque-pink.
- Add hoisin-sauce mixture.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are well coated.
- Stir in peanuts and serve.
- ↑ Use your favorite substitute to cut down on the sugar. Take care, Gloria.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (4 ounces):
- 236 Calories | 25g Protein | 5g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 10g Fat | 172mg Cholesterol | 223mg Sodium
- Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat | 2 Fat | 1/2 Fruit
- Glycemic Index: 28
- Glycemic Load: 1