Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 
- ½ to 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, sherry, sugar, and chili paste.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg white and cornstarch.
- Beat well.
- Add shrimp and mix well to coat.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, ginger, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque-pink.
- Add hoisin-sauce mixture.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are well coated.
- Stir in peanuts and serve.
- ↑ Use your favorite substitute to cut down on the sugar. Take care, Gloria.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (4 ounces):
- 236 Calories | 25g Protein | 5g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 10g Fat | 172mg Cholesterol | 223mg Sodium
- Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat | 2 Fat | 1/2 Fruit
- Glycemic Index: 28
- Glycemic Load: 1