- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1½ cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 12 small ears canned baby corn
- 5 cups cooked brown or white basmati rice
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- In small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients except sesame oil; mix well.
- Stir in sesame oil and set aside.
- In wok or large, heavy skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, carrots, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add edamame and corn and stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir sauce and pour into vegetables.
- Stir-fry until thickened, 30 seconds.
- Divide rice among 4 shallow, wide bowls.
- Spoon vegetables over rice and serve hot or at room temperature.