Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kulfi is a type of ice cream from India. It is usually made with condensed milk, flavored with cardamom and topped with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- 1 liter of creamy milk
- 10 cardamom seeds (may leave out if not readily available)
- 10-15 strands of saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (may leave if not available easily)
- sugar to taste
- ¼ cup chopped and thinly sliced almonds
- ¼ cup of chopped and thinly sliced pistachios
- Put cardamom in the milk and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and continue to stir till reduced by around one-third – care should be taken that the milk particles does not get stuck to the pan as it will spoil the taste.
- Remove cardamoms from milk by using a strainer.
- Add the copped almonds, pistachios and crushed saffron.
- Pour the mixtures in small containers or cups.
- Freeze until firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator about 5 minutes before serving.
- If cardamom seeds or saffron are unavailable, you may add the chocolate powder of your choice before putting the cups into freezer.