Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil or butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 sweet green peppers (bell peppers), chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp curry powder
- a few whole cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Chicken, cut into small serving-sized pieces
- 1 cup water
- 4-6 potatoes, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 cups coconut milk
- fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
Heat the oil in a large pot. Over high heat fry the onions and green peppers for a few minutes, stirring constantly Stir in the minced garlic and fry for a minute longer. Add the spices and salt and mix well.
Add the water to the pot and bring to a slow boil. Add the potatoes and cook them until they begin to become tender. Return the Chicken to the pot and continue to cook at a low boil, stirring occasionally, until the Chicken and potatoes are done.
Stir in the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes more. Then add the coconut milk, reduce heat, and gently stir and simmer until sauce is thickened. Stir in the lemon juice. Garnish with the fresh coriander leaves or parsley immediately before serving.
Serve with chapati or boiled rice.