Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kukkad tawe da. This delicacy is also known as tawa chicken but what ever you say if you are having taste buds working and a spice digesting liver you are always welcomed by this dish.
- Contributed by: monty 11:00, 17 March 2007 (MST)
- Please response back @firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 chicken (with bones), cut into 8 pieces
- 200 g clarified butter (ghee)
- salt to taste
- red chili powder to taste
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 2 tsp cumin, cardamom, fennel seeds, cinnamon and mace roasted together and ground fine
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 50 g hung yoghurt (paneer?)
- marinate chicken with salt, green chili paste, yoghurt, ½ cumin etc powder, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and 50 g clarified butter fo 2 hours at least.
- in a wok add the chicken with the marination and cook till half done without adding any thing in it.
- on an iron girdle (tawa) put the ghee (clarified butter) and roast the onions till pink.
- now add tomatoes and a pinch of salt with red chilly powder.
- fry till almost done.
- now add chicken to it and the cumin etc powder and cook till chicken is done.
- add coriander leaves and serve hot with naan.